Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Friend Caleb

Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest
Hands down the person I have known the longest is my buddy Caleb. Our parents are really good friends, my sister and his sister are best friends, their family is our family, its pretty amazing. I'm almost 26 years old and hes 4 months younger than me (and 100lbs heavier) and we literally have known each other our WHOLE lives. What can I say about this guy, he was there for a lot of my growing up when I was a toddler, gradeschool and teen. Him and I were together when I got drunk the first time, we used to ride horses together all the time, make forts at the willow forest his parents used to own. He got me addicted to first person shooters with the N64 game Golden Eye 007, BTW still the best 1st person shooter of all time... EVER! I remember late nights, sleep overs, playing spy games on the neighbors, (even though they didn't know we were playing, b/c we were spys DUH) trips to Disney world, its been a long run, and that was just the warm up. I really can't put into words how much this guy has influenced who I am, and I think I have kinda had the same influence. We rub off on each other, sometimes we fight, we are more like brothers than friends, always there for one another, a phone call away and willing to do anything for the other. I have no doubt that when he has kids they too will be friends just like him and I. For those of you who don't know this guy, your missing out, he's got a lot of character, moral fiber and sticks to what he believes in.
On a side note. I have a lot of friends, all of them play a role in each others lives, we are kinda like a unit of awesomeness. we don't live together any more because our wives said no and the single ones didn't wanna hear the married ones doing married stuff. But I gotta give a shout out to the Suntown-squad too. We have been friends for like 12 years or something really monumental like that, some members have dropped off the map while others have been added or been incorporated by relational affiliation (Cole, Josh) the core though was in my wedding and heres the group of guys that makes me and them who WE are. Solid in our Faith, optimistic always, athletic ( can you say 180 mile relay race) and best friends. I love these guys and I really don't know where I would be without their influence. I probably would have gone off the deep end in college if not for them. So heres to 12 years of friendship and the rest of our lives. We may be apart at times, but I look forward to the times we have together and the reunions at holidays and weddings.
Also as I finish this post I am looking forward to a new experience: P90X. I have to resistance bands, weights, pull up bar and videos. I wanna get cut and walk the beach and let Olya tell the ladies they cant have me because I'm hers. Also I have decided that my 4 years of not working out very much and lack of interest in doing so is over, So heres to 90 days of hell for a new lifetime of heaven or something. I want to drop about 20 lbs. That would put me at about 155 and I would be pretty lean. I'm not fat, I just have some areas that I want to not have any more. And I really want my 6pack back.work
Well Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to work (out) I go!
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. You have an awesome set of friends! You must be doing something right. And so much handsome in one pic!

    ReplyDelete