Monday, February 7, 2011

Lazy Monday

Ever wonder why there are slow days of shopping and really busy ones!? I know sometimes I do, I mean I did take buyer behavior in my marketing classes so I guess I get the main idea, but who wakes up on a Saturday and says; "I'm going to spend my whole day shopping!" and does it. It gets pretty crazy, especially at Costco, and it seems that the more people we pack into that little warehouse (yeah I'm aware of the oxymoron that "little" and "warehouse" pose to each other) the more upset and cranky people get. When people come into the Co. on a Saturday and ask me "Is it always this busy?!" I (being the serious and unsarcasitc fellow that I am) tell them "Not on a Tuesday" to which they respond; "Oh guess we came on the wrong day." Funny thing is I tend to remember faces, and two weeks later guess who asks me the same silly question on a Saturday! Oh the joys of working retail and dealing with the general public. I guess on the plus side it sure makes a shift go by fast, I mean when you are dealing with a new order every minute and a different story about why they need a box and they give you the War and Peace rendition of a ridiculously simple "yes" or "no" question, 8 hours seems to slip though your fingers as if it was sand on the beach. I guess the moral of the story is don't shop on Saturdays, Tuesday is better, and for goodness sake no one wants to hear about how you have this crazy uncle who once was in the mental hospital and now he lives with you but he thinks that boxes are a government listening device and if you have one in your house he might just blow a fuse and we might hear about it on the news. As great as that reason is, a simple "No, thank-you." is so much easier.
So back to my heading, its Monday, Olya and I both have the day off. It has been a long time since we were scheduled the same days off. But the problem lies in that I have no idea what we should do. We have all day, its half past ten and lucky her shes still sleeping, babies sleeping, I'm beginning my first ever official blogg (thanks to some inspiration from some friends, Cole and Laura and Tyler). I kinda want to go somewhere, but the roads here are terrible, there is a nice blanket of ICE outside after some rain some snow and some 20* temps I guess thats to be expected in February. But I suppose thats why we have 4WD. I don't think I should bake anything because I keep doing that and in return I push my weight loss back another few days so I can finish the remaining sweetrolls, brownies, cake, cinnamon bread...well you get the picture. I should just get rid of that kitchen-aid its going to be the death of us, but THEY ARE SOOO FREAKIN' GOOD!
Well I don't know how dedicated I will be to this blogg but I wanna try to do some journaling, and just have fun with it. I'm sure that some people might care, maybe not, but whatever, I like to write and this gives me a good reason to exercise that ability.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment